For the past year and a half I’ve been testing different ways to market my Weather Extension. Currently Weather has over 125,000 users. Here are some of the strategies that have worked well for me:
- Share the extension wherever you can. Hacker News, Product Hunt, Reddit, etc.
- Create a landing page and promotional video
- Ask your current users for feedback and improve your extension
- Work with other extension developers to promote and share
- Improve your extension listings with images and descriptions
- Submit your extension to sites like Lifehacker
- Ask your current users to share. Giving them a free upgrades help
- Start a blog where you discuss updates and features
- Don’t give up! It takes time and persistent to promote anything
Would love to hear from other extension creators on how the promote their extensions. Leave a comment below!
Also published on Medium.