For the past year and a half I’ve been testing different ways to market my Weather Extension. Currently Weather has over 125,000 users. Here are some of the strategies that have worked well for me:
- Share the extension wherever you can. Hacker News, Product Hunt, Reddit, etc.
- Create a landing page and promotional video
- Ask your current users for feedback and improve your extension
- Work with other extension developers to promote and share
- Improve your extension listings with images and descriptions
- Submit your extension to sites like Lifehacker
- Ask your current users to share. Giving them a free upgrades help
- Start a blog where you discuss updates and features
- Don’t give up! It takes time and persistent to promote anything
Would love to hear from other extension creators on how the promote their extensions. Leave a comment below!
Thanks for reading. Make sure you follow me on Twitter to stay up to date on the progress of my side projects T.LY, Weather Extension, and Link Shortener Extension. If you are interested in the tech I use daily, check out my uses page.