Do you want one remote to rule them all? Is your tv in another room then your cable boxes? If so, the Logitech Harmony Companion remote is for you.
The Logitech Harmony Companion comes with a wireless remote and a Harmony Hub. The Harmony Hub goes in your cabinet and will blast IR signals to all your devices. You can purchase it without the remote and just use the smart phone app, but I’d recommend getting the combo. Setting everything up is a bit complex but Logitech does a great job at stepping you through the process. I did have some trouble getting it to work with my hdmi splitter but once I found the correct model, everything worked.
- Works through walls. You no longer have to point the remote at the tv.
- Controls all your devices. Turns on the tv, changes the input, turns on cable box and set the channel all by pressing one button
- Extremely customizable and supports most devices
- I had to convert 2.5 to 3.5 stereo cables to work with my setup
- Doesn’t blast IR from remote. To solve this I had to run a 50ft 3.5 stereo cable from my cabinet to my tv. Then I had to convert the 3.5 to 2.5 and 2.5 to 3.5 so that the Hub would send IR signals to my tv for power and volume
- iPhone app can be slow at times
If you have any questions, please leave a comment below.
Also published on Medium.